Thursday, January 31, 2008

Alcoholic Clarity

There is an alcohol induced clarity
A settling down of nerves
A calm
Where if you can stop drinking, you can feel the spikes
In other people's energy
And thus tell their greatest problems or joys
fears or moments of happiness

And when I'm like this I'm either really useful
or really manipulative.

Alcohol is my psychic gene
In the last decade more than anything else
Being high has defined what I am.

Has made my most memorable and most forgetable moments
Alcohol makes me clairvoyant, alcohol makes me verbal
and alcohol makes me uncouth
All essential parts of me
The three qualities I would use to describe myself socially.
The other would be a mixed up personality
Ponderous or flaky
Serious or fun
the Sage or the fool.

And alcohol can make me either.
Alcohol is my mistress
my guru
my mother.

3 Comments:

Blogger Riya said...

'drunken cunning' you'd called it once. It was a classic 'morning after' attempt to explain the previous night's words away. hee hee. Dare you to NOT delete this comment! ;-)

1:09 PM  
Blogger Shujoy said...

What's this class 12 dare, double dare trip? It's very glamorous to have your comments.
Till the time some jealous shrew comes along.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Riya said...

At the risk of turning this into a risque private chat room, your jealous shrews normally sign in anonymous. And if they're worth it, you can always let them know that I am married AND pregnant. Ok ok, enough. Take the rest off line... Ooh. This HAS to be the MOST ENTERTAINING your blog has ever been.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home